Sunday 19 November 2017

Amsterdam, Netherlands

As I was in Belgium for my internship, I had the chance to go to Amsterdam just for the weekend. It was a bit of an impulse city trip with some of my friends and new people I had met in Belgium but we really appreciated this little gateway ! What I like about Belgium, is the fact the country is pretty small so the countries around are really close by car (France, Germany, the Netherlands), it took us only 2h30 to go from Liège to Amsterdam by car. We arrived by car and parked outside the city in a P + R parking (which are really cheap) and we just had to pay for a metro ticket to go in the center.

We were only there for a night so we didn't do much except renting bikes to get around and visiting the city. It was a really nice sunny weekend so we didn't want to go to museums and be inside, also none of us had been to the city so we just wanted to go around. I find this city beautiful and nice to explore, the architecture is really pretty, the fact that you can go around and explore by bike is something I really appreciate. You need to be careful when you go around as a lot of people use bikes and you can put them everywhere when you want to stop. I will definitely go back and take more time to go to museums and explore the "cultural side" of the city a bit more. 



















FYI: We stayed at the Clinknoord hostel. It was really nice, close to the train station you just have to take a boat to cross. We ate in the Avocado Show and Greenwoods Singels I really recommend both restaurants especially brunch for the second one ! If you want to park for almost nothing  P+ R parkings are the bomb ! (1€ for 24hours) All the photos were taken with my iPhone.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Basic life of a basic woman. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig